Catching up…Posted: April 30, 2014
I hate to make people jealous, but life around here has been SUPER glamorous and fab-uh-less lately, so I’ll just recap a few highlights:
1) Decided not to do a “What I Wore” post this week because I didn’t think I wore anything particularly interesting. A series of different circumstances meant that I wore jeans, tees, and athletic shoes to work a few days last week and actually even went to church in cropped athletic pants and a t-shirt on Sunday.
2) I put on a decent outfit Sunday afternoon, then got conned into walking to the neighborhood playground (of which I was completely unaware even existed until Sunday) with my children and some other kids in our ‘hood, and immediately regretted my fashion selection. The humidity made it feel like a sauna outside. After the playground, we still had to sit outside for M’s 7-on-7 football games, so I put on clothes appropriate for sweating at the game, then had to go straight to church. I’m sure we smelled as delightfully fresh as we looked.
3) Confession: I’m a terrible housekeeper. The VERY LAST thing I want to do after work and on the weekends is THINK about cleaning. Performing the action of cleaning doesn’t even register. So I’ve spent a few too many days looking at the toilet bowl in our bathroom and thinking about how gross it was getting. Is this TMI? Sorry. Tonight, something pushed me over the edge, though, and I sprinkled some Comet inside the bowl, swished it around with the scrub brush and had a clean toilet in less than 60 seconds. I thought it would make me feel inspired to DO MORE THINGS because this task was so simple and not time consuming. Instead, I just felt even worse about my housekeeping skills and the fact that I put everything off so long. I won’t be doing that again anytime soon
(Don’t worry. If you come over for a surprise visit, I promise I’ll at least wipe the guest bathroom down with some clorox wipes. But I can’t guarantee that the “5 Second Rule” is a solid statute to abide by in my kitchen.)
4) Speaking of neighbors, we got some new ones a couple of days ago. Bless Missy’s heart, with two older brothers, she hasn’t had many girls around to play with and she has recently made friends with 2 little girls on our street, one of whom belongs to our new neighbors. About 5 minutes after she met the new neighbor, the little girl declared that she and Missy were BFFs. Then there was some chalk drawing, prompting me to wonder how concerned I should be….
5) Is school over yet? I know that tomorrow is May 1st, but shouldn’t we be done already? I really need some sun, a pool, and a good book. Because I’m always years behind the trends, I recently started reading Game of Thrones. It’s pretty long, though, and I’m also a huge nerd and recently became addicted to this free logic puzzles app, so basically, I want to do nothing all day except read and do logic puzzles by the pool and then take a nap when I’m exhausted from all that activity. Please, someone make that happen. I was so close to realizing that dream this morning when J told me we won the lottery! Turns out, it was only $2. Vegas!